Accenture is one of several hundred companies that has signed on to the united nations global compact (ungc) business ambition pledge.
What is the goal of this pledge?
A. to donate to charity in exchange for exemption from regulations.
B. to keep global warming below a 1. 5 celsius increase from pre-industrial levels.
C. to reverse all effects of global warming within the next decade.
D. to switch entirely to solar power at all office locations worldwide.
The goal of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) Business Ambition Pledge is to keep global warming below a 1.5 degrees Celsius increase from pre-industrial levels. Therefore, option B is the correct answer. The pledge is a commitment made by companies to set science-based targets to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and reach net-zero emissions by no later than 2050. It is an initiative of the United Nations Global Compact, a voluntary initiative that aims to mobilize a global movement of sustainable companies and stakeholders to create a better world.
Correct answer : B. to keep global warming below a 1. 5 celsius increase from pre-industrial levels.
- The United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) is a voluntary initiative launched by the United Nations in 2000.
- The UNGC aims to encourage businesses and organizations worldwide to adopt sustainable and socially responsible policies and practices.
- The UNGC is based on ten universal principles that cover areas such as human rights, labor rights, environmental sustainability, and anti-corruption.
- Companies that join the UNGC commit to implementing the ten principles and making an annual Communication on Progress (COP) report detailing their progress.
- The UNGC is the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative, with over 12,000 signatories from 160 countries.
- The UNGC offers a range of resources and tools to help companies develop and implement sustainable and socially responsible policies and practices.
- The UNGC offers various initiatives and programs, such as the Business Ambition for 1.5°C pledge, the Women's Empowerment Principles, the Caring for Climate initiative, and the Principles for Responsible Investment.